Sunday, August 20, 2006

Lego Cam : Web Controlled NXT Robot

Andrew aka Legoguy over at the Nxtasy Forums has created a Lego Mindstorms NXT robot, equipped with the Vision Command camera, that can be controlled remotely over the Internet. Andrew built the whole setup from scratch using Lego's recently released Bluetooth SDK.

He said, "The very moment LEGO released their SDK (mainly the Bluetooth SDK) I was on the case with my Linux box. I had primitive communication (it beeped!) within 15 minutes of reading the docs, and was firmly on my way to my goal... A web-controlled NXT, with video stream."



The Legocam NXT robot is controlled via a dashboard web page set up on Andrew's home server. The web server communicates with the local machine to send Bluetooth signals controlling the robot's movement.



Surprisingly this is not Andrew's first attempt at remote robotics! A few years ago Andrew built and coded a similar robot that ran on the Lego Mindstorms RCX. More about that previous version can be found here: http://turbogfx.homelinux.org/gallery/v/things/robot/rcx

Now for the linkage:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

www.web-bots.com

that's great and reminds me of spycye!!